Sunday, October 1, 2017

Inspiration Mindset

Inspiration Mindset

            “Please allow the divinity to flow through me” is the inspiration mindset that I have been using for many years to restore my energy and reassure me during the day.  It is more than a positive statement or affirmation because it actually shifts my energy from my everyday ‘talking heads’ chatter and tired, ‘do,do,do’ mentality to positive, alert energies that bubble with spontaneity, joy and being alive. 
Jackie LeClaire at the White House(photo from Kennedy Library)

The expression is borrowed from retired Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey children’s circus clown and aerialist, Jackie LeClaire. I met this inspiring teacher and ambassador of mirth at the University of Wisconsin Clown Camp in June 1999. Jackie transformed into a white face clown who carried a tiny umbrella that protected his nose.  When we met, he saw my clown name “Lizzie Love” and told me that he was from Falls Church, home of Lizzie Borden. “She was a real cutup,” he said.  From that moment on, I couldn’t stop laughing whenever I was with him. Humor is always bubbling up from his mind. Jackie is such a brilliant clown that he even delivered a gift of a stuffed toy giraffe to Caroline Kennedy at the White House.  Please Google “Jackie LeClaire, clown” to view his  photos and learn about his fascinating life. There is also a U-Tube link to his life in the circus.
Jackie told us that he always repeated the phrase “Please allow the divinity to flow through me” before he did his circus shows.  The expression stayed with me and I have used it ever since when I do children’s parties and programs with challenged children and adults.  It is like a sacred prayer I make in a church, protecting me from the craziness of the outside world. For me, the words literally unhook me from aches, fatigue and worry while they refocus me on the energy of the children and adults around me.  It helps me keep my inspiration flowing.
Lizzie Love (Photo by Geri Dolan

            Do you have a phrase or inspiration mindset that keeps your inspired energy flowing? Please share yours if you like.  If you don’t, try the one above or something like: “Please allow the higher love to flow through me.”  You may even find your humorous clown bubbling up from inside you. Post me on Facebook or tweet me @purplebowtie1. Please Like and Share.


To learn more about inspiration and how it works, discover The Purple Bowtie book. Here is an Amazon universal link to The Purple Bowtie: 

http://getbook.at/purplebowtie

No comments:

Post a Comment